Well, I can’t quite believe it, but today I turn 25. It’s been an exciting year, and but I’m really looking forward to a new one. This time of year is always filled with reflection for me, between the holidays and then my birthday, I try to take the time to examine where I’m at and where I want to go. Here are some of the important bits of the past year.
01. We settled into our apartment and it really started to feel like home. Quiet days here are some of my favourites.
02. I’ve started to become more and more sure of what I really want in life, and I’m getting more comfortable making the decisions that will help cultivate the life that I want.
03. I rebranded the studio and brought the blog under the same name. It’s been a good exercise to really look at the type of work I want to do, and what impact I want to have, and to integrate that into my business in every way.
05. We lost my grandma in the Spring and it was incredibly difficult. But it also reminded me to be grateful for the time we have with people and to make an effort to be less trapped in cycles of worry, stress, and obligation. So I’ve tried my best to make decisions that will fill my life with ease and joy, and remove things that don’t contribute to that.
06. In my day job, I moved into a new role that’s been super satisfying. I work on a lot of brand and content strategy, as well as photoshoots, ads, and our Instagram. Lots of good stuff, and the best people.
My main intentions for next year are to simplify and to go on more adventures. I want to have just what I need and love, without so much clutter and excess, both in my surroundings and in my mind. I have a lot of ideas for how I’ll do this, and I’m excited to continue on with it.
I loved the trips that I went on last year, and I remember sitting at an intersection in LA (it was really nothing special) and just thinking about how there’s such an endless amount of things we can experience in this world. I’d like to make the effort to see a bit more of it this year.
This year has been a great one, and I’m grateful for everything it brought. Now I’m excited for the next one! To celebrate, I plan to drink some tea in bed, hang out with some of my favourite people, and get out in my city a little bit. Cheers to that!
(Pretty picture from The Crepes of Wrath).